Monday, January 8, 2018

ATHENA'S TRIP TO LAGUNA

 We have been invited by my aunt to a trip to Laguna where my cousin, her son, resides with his family. A week before the schedule, everyone was basically preparing. My younger daughter, Athena, was very excited to go on the trip. Laguna has so many tourists destinations so we decide to make a poll on where the whole gang will visit. Choices were Enchanted Kingdom, Star City, and Splash Island. The winner at the poll was Splash Island!

The trip was set on early 23rd to make it for the house blessing. I know I would be able to finish my tasks on the 22nd. The week before that was the university examination and I needed to check papers and complete grades before I can officially say that my Christmas vacation will start.

However, a few days before driving out of my city, schedule has changed as there would be an international event in the capital and it was expected that this would create traffic. My aunt decided to have the trip earlier on the evening of 21st. There is nothing I can do. I need to finish my tasks because this is work. I have to cancel my slot. My elder daughter changed her mind and has sincerely stayed with me. My younger one was the one who went.

Thanks goodness, they reached the capital safe. They had their rest and started to tour around. The gang went to Fokoda and checked on the dancing fountain at night. Evening is the perfect time to go walking here. With the beautiful lights and the pleasant evening breeze, everyone enjoyed the night!

Although there are also malls in my city, it is a different feeling to walk to malls in another place. It is more on checking the view and making memories. As they wet to check Santa's toy store, they have pictures around toys - children and adults alike.

The main event, what the poll was for, was Splash Island! Everyone was set with their swimming gears although there is a distance to travel. Everyone excited, everyone turned to batwatch characters wearing their rash guards and diving on tubes each! Water slides are all over the place and all one needs to do is jump from the top and experience the splash. It was truly a splash like from its name. All the while, we had the right decision to go with Splash Island as the two other amusement parks were so jam-packed with tourists that most had spent more time queuing than enjoying the rides.


The tourist-packed van finally needs to get back to the city. They had to get home on the 27th, a day before the original schedule of going home. Everyone tired, everyone worn out, but everyone happy. It is pretty obvious with the smiles on their faces.






No comments:

Post a Comment

HYDROLOGY: GROUNDWATER YIELD AND QUALITY

courtesy of Water Education Foundation Aquifers are important sources of fresh water. Two types of aquifers - confined and unconfined...