Monday, January 8, 2018

REVOLVE TO SMART WATCHES

I bet most of us, if not all, carry a cell phone around. This gadget has totally revolutionized the world. Imagine the wide array of functions that this small device can do for the busy person. I do have a modest phone which can also tap the Internet, and do the other stuff. I find it very convenient to carry it around. However, as I go through my daily tasks at work, being an instructor in one of the universities here in my city, I find it more comfortable to check on my wrist for the time. Although I tried many times, I still prefer to have a watch around my wrist than to check the time on my phone.

I finally got a smartwatch for my birthday and it is after a long decision making agony. There were so many kinds and styles to choose from and the two things which make this experience more agonizing are when you are choosing between functionality and the price.

With my very own smart watch, I can do just anything in even a smaller device. The best thing about it is that having it strapped around my wrist, there would be lesser chances for it to be swiped away or snatched. Here are some other advantages I get to enjoy with my device:

1. The compact size of my smart watch allows me to work and walk around the classroom platform without any distracting objects in my pockets. I can still be reached and contacted but the freedom of your legs walking around without any big device is just great.

2. I can set numerous time settings for the alarm. In this way, I don't have to worry about overspending time with any of my classes. Some watches can have alarms as well, but the smart watch can have multiple alarms which would be perfect for my job.

3. With the small camera (by the way still has clear images) built-in with smart watches, I would have a discreet way of taking pictures onto anything. There are moments when I needed to have pictures on my demos where I prefer to take images discreetly.

4. The smart watch can still be tapped on the Internet, so besides having calls and SMS on it, one can also surf the web and just do anything like with a regular cell phone. Videos and sounds can still be recorded (depending on the memory capacity of the watch), they can also be zoomed in and out for better viewing.

5. There are some few innovations in a smart watch that would surely make people just have one. Most smart watches have a pedometer which counts the person's steps. For those people who are on close look out for their health, this is a good tool for you. It also has the heart rate meter which can help in checking your heart performance. Some of the more elite smart watches have a tool which would instruct you to move around right after a long sit (let's say from working with your desktop). Other's siri function would just make one's mind be blown away by how much this small device can do.

6. The pairing function of the watch can also enable you to have it tethered with a cell phone. Some smart watches are tethering watches which means they are not supported by their own sim cards. While others are supported and they are called the android watches. An android watch can still be tethered to yet another phone which can make it like a dual sim for those with numerous numbers.

7. Once tethered these smart watches have the finding function which gives you notification and alarm just in case you displaced the watch and use the phone to find it or vice versa.


No comments:

Post a Comment

HYDROLOGY: GROUNDWATER YIELD AND QUALITY

courtesy of Water Education Foundation Aquifers are important sources of fresh water. Two types of aquifers - confined and unconfined...